Kinetic degradation fluxion (KDF) shower filters utilize high-purity copper-zinc granules to create a chemical reaction called redox oxidation that helps to neutralize chlorine and heavy metals like mercury, lead, and copper. In this chemical reaction, KDF media exchanges electrons with contaminants, transforming them into new, harmless elements. KDF filtration showerheads also help to neutralize bacteria, which promotes less overall microbiological growth in your shower, leading to a reduction of mold, mildew, and fungi on grout, tile, and glass.
Articles in this section
- Where is the VivaSpring Filtered Showerhead made?
- Are the the VivaSpring filter cartridges recyclable?
- How often should I change my VivaSpring filter cartridge?
- Is the VivaSpring certified?
- What are the product specifications for the VivaSpring?
- How many flex points does the VivaSpring have?
- What is included with my VivaSpring?
- Does the VivaSpring work with both hot and cold water?
- Will the VivaSpring remove 100% of contaminants from my water?
- How does Kinetic Degradation Fluxion (KDF) filtration work?