It is normal for the remote LEDs to light up for a few seconds and then turn off. If the lights do not illuminate at all, please take the following steps:
- Unplug the bidet from the wall outlet
- Remove the batteries from the remote.
- Plug the bidet back into the wall outlet.
- Install the batteries back in the remote within 5 minutes of the bidet powering on.
- You should see the blue circular LED around the stop button illuminate. Does it illuminate?
- The blue light will be illuminated for only 7 seconds.
- If you do not see the blue LED illuminated around the stop button please attempt steps 1-4 again.
- While the blue LED is illuminated around the stop button, push stop or any of the buttons surrounding the blue LED. If done correctly, you will hear a special jingle that lets you know the remote has been paired.
- If the blue light has turned off before you were able to push any of the buttons, remove the batteries and place them in again. You will have about 7 seconds from the moment you put in the last battery.
- If the remote does not light up or produce any chimes when pushing buttons, the remote did not pair. Please attempt steps 1-5 and proceed.
If this does not resolve your issue, please re-attempt pairing once more.If you are still experiencing an issue with your remote, please contact Brondell Customer Support for additional help.